Equality & Diversity Promise
Our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Promise
- We believe that a culture built on trust, respect, equality and inclusivity will enable us to live our values, achieve our ambitions and deliver our purpose.
- We believe that diversity must be evident at all levels of our business and reflect the markets and communities we serve.
- We know that actions speak louder than words and that we must make significant and lasting change to deliver our promise
- We will support equality, diversity and inclusion in all its forms
- We will place no limits on where we attract talent to join Hays
- We will encourage people to speak up and speak out so that all voices are heard and listened to
- We will work hard to achieve clear and open pathways into our business for everyone
- Where we find barriers to the realisation of individual potential, we will overcome them
- We are open to learning and understand we can always do better
- We will strive to live our purpose of creating opportunities and improving lives in all that we do
- We will support our clients, suppliers and partners to deliver on their own Equality, Diversity and Inclusion ambitions
In FY21 we will:
- Engage third-party experts to assess whether the route to ‘getting in’ and ‘getting on’ in Hays are truly fair, balanced and inclusive.
- Share the findings of their reports transparently and commit to delivering the changes required to realise our promises
- Empower our Global and regional D&I Councils to ensure we deliver the recommendations of this work and hold us to account
- Build upon the introduction of inclusive recruitment and unconscious bias training in our own recruitment practices and bring diversity into our hiring decisions
- Channel the multitude of charitable endeavours carried out by Hays people every year into areas that support our purpose of improving lives