Senior Finance Manager Calgary Regulated Industry Designated
Your new company
I leading energy company with offices in multiple locations have an immediate need in their Calgary office for an experienced Senior Manager, Finance to oversee various areas and manage a tenured, senior team of Accounting professionals.
Your new role
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior Manager, Finance is responsible for leading financial reporting, accounting, systems and planning functions. This leader is responsible for producing accurate, value-added and relevant financial information, analyses and forecasts to various stakeholders, including senior leadership, Board of Directors, parent company, regulatory authorities, and credit rating agencies. The Senior Manager, Finance drives efficiency in the accounting and budgeting processes across the organization and delivers consistent, accurate financial information, ensuring credibility of the accounting function as a business partner across all areas of the Company. Leadership.
- Lead, coach, mentor, and motivate a team of employees; this includes providing direction, expertise and advice to employees, identifying employee training requirements, and formally managing the performance of employees
- Manage all elements of employee relations, including working closely with Human Resources on hiring, terminations, training, and performance appraisals for the employee file, administering progressive discipline, and resolving labour relations issues and/or grievances
- Lead the finance team in the preparation of publicly filed annual and quarterly Management Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) and external financial statements and note disclosures in accordance with GAAP and securities commission requirements.
- Promote an environment of exceptional internal controls; assisting in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures to strengthen internal controls, and ongoing compliance with SOX
- Manage the preparation of financial plans, forecasts, and actual results to ensure accuracy and clarity of understanding of key business drivers, with accountability for planning and analyzing operating and capital costs and supporting business operations in the development of their plans and forecasts.
- Responsible for oversight of core treasury activities including cash flow forecasts, execution of long-term debt financing, and renewal of credit facilities.
- Act as a change agent by comprehensively addressing the gaps between current and future processes and systems required to enhance functionality and overall performance through business process automation and continuous improvements.
- Lead the integration of ESG considerations and external sustainability reporting standards into strategic processes and reporting and manage work with rating agencies
- Oversee the compilation and interpretation of financial and operational data in preparation for regulatory tariff applications that are supportive of the Company’s financial and operational objectives.
- Assess the implications of regulatory decisions and industry developments, and determine appropriate corporate business plans, strategies and policies.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and leadership skills. Must be able to provide effective change-management leadership that will effectuate change to support the company’s business strategy.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP, financial standards and processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls with the ability to evaluate and effectively create and implement changes to meet internal control requirements and enhance efficiency.
- Strong working knowledge of financial applications (preferably SAP & BPC) and related financial reporting systems
- Experience in business intelligent tools, Power BI or other data analytics, and visualization platforms considered an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in financial analysis, planning, reporting, and modeling
- Experience preparing written materials, including reports, briefing notes, background, and other documents for senior management and/or government audiences, including the ability to communicate complex, detailed concepts widely to differing audiences in a concise, compelling manner in verbal, written and graphic formats
- Proven ability to both lead and work in a team environment by providing guidance and coaching in areas of expertise; this includes effective leadership, coaching and strong team building skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Business/Commerce with recognized Chartered Professional Accountant designation.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years relevant experience in financial forecasting, financial accounting and reporting, including public company accounting and/or rate-regulated utility responsibilities; or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
What you'll get in return
You can expect to be joining a really fantastic group of Finance professionals all whilst receiving a highly attractive package of salary, bonus and benefits that is extremely competitive.Long term career advancement is also available as the company continues on it's current trajectory of expansion.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1106741