Your new company
A leading corporation in the housing sector that contribute to the development and support of strong communities.
Your new role
The Project Manager, Development & Construction will work with internal and external stakeholders to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Review future needs, and identify and propose viable housing solutions taking into consideration, budget, schedule, funding requirements, community needs, etc.
- Collaborate with like-minded community partners respecting the goals and objectives
- Develop creative solutions to develop cost effective affordable housing that meets long term goals
- Identify opportunities and collaborate other partners to secure housing acquisitions and vacant property and lands suitable for affordable housing.
- Identify funding opportunities and complete all work to secure project funding.
- Conduct or manage all pre-development work including managing the preparation of concepts, business cases, conducting stakeholder meetings, land/building acquisitions and disposals, analysis, feasibility planning and requirements.
- Work with outside consultants to successfully guide site plans and development proposals through municipal, regional and provincial approval.
- Manages all projects in accordance with CHC’s project management policy and procedures.
- Recommends the improvement of project management, procurement and other processes at CHC as related to the position.
- Prepares procurement templates (RFP’s, RFI’s, RFT’s, etc.) and manages the resulting contracts with consultants (e.g. Architects and engineers) and contractors.
- Prepare and maintain project schedules and manage all activities to ensure an on-schedule delivery of the project. Review and analyze the project schedule to seek out opportunities for reducing the time of the critical path.
- Prepare and manage project budget, cash flow, expenditure reports and ensure compliance with project funding sources. Review project documents and processes to and propose cost saving measures to reduce overall project cost.
- Prepare and maintain a risk register and manage risk such that it is reduced where possible.
- Manage the project to ensure all goals of the project are achieved and address issues when they arise.
- Oversee the design of project quality processes, implement these processes and ensure they are followed, and address all quality concerns and issues.
- Review designs and specifications ensuring they meet CHC’s standards and overall goals and objectives.
- Provide consultation and technical expertise in identifying building requirements, developing an overall portfolio plan for capital improvement requirements and a strategy for the overall preservation of asset.
- Conduct site meetings to ensure the cost, timing, quality, and risk (including Health and Safety) objectives are being achieved.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders to achieve an optimal outcomes for the project.
- Oversee and manage all project resources either directly or indirectly.
- Organize and conduct meetings, preparing minutes and action planning documents.
- Organize and prepare standard and ad hoc reports as required.
- Proactively assess and manage change requests in a way that optimises impact to scope, budget, schedule, quality.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with client, consultants and subcontractors and when stakeholder disputes arise, resolve them in a timely manner.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining project safety culture.
- Represent at tenant, community or public meetings as required.
- Other duties/projects as required.
What you need to do now
- Degree in Engineering at a recognised Canadian university or equivalent with formal equivalency documentation
- Over 5 years of management experience in construction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of residential and high-rise building construction.
- Project Management experience with similar responsibilities.
- Proven technical skills in all relevant areas of design, and construction.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License class “G” and the use of a personal vehicle for work purposes.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104938