Your new company
SMS Equipment operates at the leading edge of innovation and offers advanced technologies that keep job sites running safely, efficiently and productively - even in extreme conditions. As one of the largest Komatsu dealers in the world they believe their continued growth is a result of their highly skilled and engaged employees who deliver excellence in the workplace. They were proud to be recognized with the Associated Equipment Distributors Technician of the Year Award for Canada, 2019. SMS Equipment serve the construction, forestry, mining & utilities sectors, and are committed to safety as their number one priority.
Your new role
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Repairing and fabrication of various makes of equipment
- Following directions given in layouts, blueprints and work orders
- Customizing mobile equipment and/or parts as per the customer's request
- Conducting failure analysis and developing a welding repair process with the Service Manager
- Providing welding support primarily in the shop and occasionally in the field
- Able to work safely in a challenging environment with minimal supervision
The successful candidate will possess a Journeyperson Welder certification. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. Other requirements include:
What you'll get in return
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to interpret blueprints and layouts/follow work orders
- Must possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to excellence and have acute safety awareness as well as strong organizational skills
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy while working with a variety of individuals and groups
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the maintenance and repair of mining equipment
SMS is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, learning opportunities, apprenticeship programs, company matched RRSP and more! Perks include discount programs, wellness program, social club and free parking. You will benefit from personal growth and add to your skills through regular OEM training on industry leading equipment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1105929