Your new company
Inland Truck & Equipment is an industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1500 employees across 30+ dealerships in North America, we offer exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future.
Your new role
The Truck & Transport Technician will be responsible for repairing and maintaining diesel engine industrial trucks according to dealership and factory specifications.
What you'll need to succeed
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Analyzes customers’ truck performance complaints, diagnoses cause of any malfunctions, and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor/shop foreman or lead hand, immediately, if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required.
- Participates in manufacturer sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Reports common machinery and tool defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that the customers’ vehicles are kept clean. Notifies service advisor/dispatcher immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean after each repair. Returns all common tools that were used in the repair to their designated storage place.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools, manuals, and computer diagnostic equipment. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, provincial/state and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, occupational health & safety regulations, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Keeps up-to-date with WHMIS training.
- Becomes familiar with and complies with the company’s Health & Safety Manual. Reports any unsafe practices to a supervisor or manager.
- Other duties may be assigned
What you'll get in return
- Qualification as a Licensed Truck & Transport Technician essential
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer skills and experience preferred
- Supervisory skills and experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s Licence: Class 3 with Airbrake Endorsement or Class 1 (to test drive truck & trailer)
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection (CVIP) Certification
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong business ethics with a professional approach at all times
- Strong organizational skills
- Good multi-tasking ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Functions well with large volume and fast-paced work environment.
- Accountability and dependability
- Time management
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, must be able to walk around shop floor and exterior yard area (long periods standing / walking), requires mobility to easily access and egress trucks and equipment.
What you need to do now
- Competitive wages
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1106010