Your new company
Inland Truck & Equipment is an industry leader in the heavy-duty truck & sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1400 employees across 35 branches in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future! If you are looking for an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic team of professionals, we invite you to apply today. We offer competitive wages and generous compensation packages including medical and dental!
Your new role
The Truck & Transport Technician will be responsible for repairing and maintaining diesel engine industrial trucks according to dealership and factory specifications. Job Duties
What you'll need to succeed
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Analyzes customers’ truck performance complaints, diagnoses cause of any malfunctions, and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor/shop foreman or lead hand, immediately, if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required.
- Participates in manufacturer sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Reports common machinery and tool defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that the customers’ vehicles are kept clean. Notifies service advisor/dispatcher immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
What you'll get in return
- Qualification as a Licensed Truck & Transport Technician essential
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer skills and experience preferred
- Supervisory skills and experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s Licence: Class 3 with Airbrake Endorsement or Class 1 (to test drive truck & trailer)
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection (CVIP) Certification
- Competitive wages
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104924