Your new company
Inland Truck and Equipment is an industry leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service, and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1400 employees across 35 branches in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future!
Your new role
The Truck & Transport Technician will be responsible for repairing and maintaining diesel engine industrial trucks according to dealership and factory specifications. If you are passionate about the work that you do and are an experienced Journeyman/Red Seal technician, then we want to hear from you!
What you'll need to succeed
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Analyze customers’ truck performance complaints, diagnoses cause of any malfunctions, and performs repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Documenting all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required.
- Participate in manufacturer sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, provincial/state and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, occupational health & safety regulations, etc.
What you'll get in return
- Qualification as a Licensed Truck & Transport Technician essential
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer skills and experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required, Class 3 with Airbrake Endorsement or Class 1 (to test drive truck & trailer) preferred
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection (CVIP) Certification
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
- Accountability and dependability with great time management
Our employees receive a generous benefits package including:
What you need to do now
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104900