Your new company
As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. Under the direction of the AHS Project Superintendent, the Autonomous Haulage Specialist supports business activities for the Autonomous Haulage Systems and Fleets through specialized technical knowledge / equipment applications. Acting as a technical resource, and liaison between SMS Equipment, Modular Mining Systems, and Komatsu America, the incumbent contributes by providing a deeper understanding of equipment workings or applications, as well as of equipment limitations and non-traditional equipment usage.
Your new role
The incumbent maintains relationships with key management and product experts within SMS Equipment (SMS), Komatsu America Corporation (KAC), Modular Mining Systems Inc (MMSI) and the customer. You will also be responsible for the following:
What you'll need to succeed
- Develop and maintain in depth technical knowledge on the AHS system, operation and support function.
- As a technical resource for AHS, assists the branch and customers in the assembly, commissioning and service of the equipment.
- Assist with the deployment and communication of training and awareness as related to AHS. Supporting KAC and MMSI and as required, assembles and teaches specific technical training courses relating to AHS
What you'll get in return
- Relevant Journeyman certification, Engineering Degree or equivalent experience within the heavy equipment industry.
- Sound understanding of principles associated within the mining environment.
- The ability to operate in a dynamic environment with focus on client and customer relations is essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and have a wide-ranging working knowledge of computer systems.
- Proficient communication skills in dealing with customers and OEM’s.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies, focuses on continuous improvement and best practices pertaining to the Company’s products and services; enhancing expertise, performance and bottom line productivity.
SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits plan, and RRSP matching.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104337