Your new company
Our client is a leading Electric Utility company, looking to hire IT Technical Consultants with AMI/MDM experience for a 12-month hybrid contract with a huge possibility of extension.
Your new role
Reporting to the Manager, IT Portfolio Management, Customer Care and Metering Application Support, IT Technical Consultant provides technical and analytical support, maintains, troubleshoots, and administers IT Applications. These applications include AMI and all associated interfaces . The IT Technical Consultant also implements systems or projects that contribute to the efficient technical delivery of maintenance and improvement programs in the operational areas of IT Application Support.
What you'll need to succeed
- Support AMI and all associated interfaces, through maintenance, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, corrective action, and system administration
- Provide technical and analytical support, maintain, troubleshoot, and administer AMI and all associated interfaces.
- Proactively identify problems and opportunities for improvement of IT service or processes, including service level improvement, cost efficiency and customer demand management
- Work in partnership with IT team members in determining technical options / solutions to meet business needs
- Provide solutions to support IT&S project delivery
- Identify opportunities to optimize the efficiency of IT applications
- Develop and implement plans to support IT services.
- Research and identify industry trends (relative to scope of responsibility), leveraging ideas to improve or better align IT systems and services
- Perform after hours support as required to resolve system or application problems
What you need to do now
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline, or a minimum of 4 years related work experience
- 2-4 years of experience in Information Technology with minimum 2 years of experience in maintenance of AMI and all associated interfaces, System configuration, system tuning and bug fix, application development, and documentation
- An understanding of application development
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Analyze and Solve Problems: Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; includes others in problem-solving efforts when appropriate
- Drive results and accountability: Strives to attain results; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; persists despite obstacles and opposition
- Make Sound Decisions: Makes timely and sound decisions; makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty; evaluates short- and long-term consequences when making decisions
- Making Sound Recommendations: Generates innovative ideas and solutions; offers clients multiple options to achieve desired results; makes sound recommendations; makes decisions that maximize return on investment; uses quantitative data to support decisions
- Champion change, productivity, and innovation: Generates and champions new ideas and initiatives; evaluates new or modified approaches and ideas with an open mind; brings perspectives and approaches together, combining them in creative ways
- Establish and Develop Plans: Develops plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting goals; develops realistic action steps, timetables, and resource estimates for projects; reviews intended work processes to identify potential problems and solutions
- Manage Projects: Conducts productive meetings; manages client expectations; keeps others informed about projects; adjusts plans to respond to changing business priorities; monitors projects and takes appropriate action when goals are not being met
- Build strong relationship: Willingly shares information; facilitates the discussion and resolution of different views; leverages areas of agreement to gain consensus; expresses disagreement tactfully and sensitively
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1105548