Your new company:
Our client, an established leader in the insurance industry, is recruiting Software Developer on a permanent basis to join their office.
• Becomes the reference point/consultant on understanding, writing the technical and business features of the system while being able to explain them to other colleagues.
• Produces impact analyses considering all the relevant interfaces and applications. Clarifies and confirms the business/technical requirements.
• Depending on complexity of the architecture, may lead or participate in the design and modeling of functionalities for all the needs of the systems and ecosystems.
• Participates in the realization of new design patterns.
• Masters the application's development life cycle, guides and coaches the teams in various development activities based on company’s software development's Best Practices.
• Masters the application CI/CD and test automation processes. Guides and coaches the teams on these various processes.
• Masters the system in order to support (level 2) the application and to solve very complex anomalies. Intervenes in problem solving when the first line of support is not able to find the source of the anomaly or to define a long-term solution.
What you will need to succeed:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or any combination of education and equivalent experience.
• 8 to 10 years of experience in software design and development.
• Knowledge of service-oriented architecture and service mesh architecture (Mesh App).
• Extensive experience in object-oriented analysis and design and good understanding of UX design principles.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience building server-side applications using Java 8+, JDBC, Hibernate and building web services or APIs using REST (and SOAP).
• A minimum of 2 years of experience with relational databases, such as Oracle 12+, PL/SQL and preferably NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Elasticsearch.
• Previous experience with working with Jenkins, Openshift
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Jamie Dunne, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Toronto (EN)