Your new company
Inland Truck & Equipment is an industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1500 employees across 30+ dealerships in North America, we offer exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future.
Your new role
The Service Advisor will be responsible for selling and scheduling needed service work in the service department. Further responsibilities include processing warranty claims.
What you'll need to succeed
- Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information.
- Performs walk-arounds with customers to verify complaints and point out additional repairs that may be required, including bodywork. Specific effort to sell seasonal service specials as required.
- Writes up customer's vehicle/equipment problems accurately and clearly on repair order.
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle/equipment, and recommends additional needed service including checking for any outstanding recall notices.
- If necessary, arranges for the Lead Hand to test drive the vehicle with the customer to confirm the problem, or refers to the test technician.
- Coordinates with parts department to order needed parts.
- Advises customers on the care of their vehicles/equipment and the value of maintaining them in accordance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labour and parts.
- Establishes "promised time." Checks with dispatcher, if necessary.
- Obtains customer's signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
- Establishes customer's method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
- Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of warranty parameters for KW chassis (re: trucks) and the major component suppliers and advises customers accordingly.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate.
- Ensures that vehicles/equipment are parked in assigned areas. Makes sure they are locked and all keys are marked and put away correctly.
- Keeps service department forms, menus and pricing guides up-to-date.
- Explains completed work and all charges to customers.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) essential
- Post-secondary diploma or trade certification preferred
- Three years related experience and/or training
- Strong customer service skills, ability to listen to customer concerns and solve issues
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player, helpful and cheerful with sales personnel
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets and keyboarding
- Good mechanical aptitude and great organizational skills
- Works well with large volume and fast-paced work environment.
- Accountability and dependability with strong time management
What you'll get in return
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 kgs or 50 lbs on occasion.
- Must be able to walk around shop floor/parts department and sit/stand at service counter.
- Functions well with large volume and fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to proactively problem-solve and think logically
- Good verbal and strong written communication skills
What you need to do now
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104541