Hays has partnered exclusively with industry leader Aecon on their search for a Sr Surveyor!
Hays has partnered exclusively with Aecon on their search for a Sr Surveyor.
This is a full time, permanent position based in Ottawa, Ontario. Your new company
Aecon is an industry leader in the development and construction of infrastructure, with over 150 years of experience!
They are proud to have built some of the most Impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Their integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely, and sustainably building the future. Your new role
As a Sr Surveyor, key Responsibilities will include:
• Maintain and verify provided control network.
• Ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated.
• Coordinate and undertake planning and implementation of survey requirements to facilitate construction activities.
• Maintain accurate survey records, documentation, and stamped submittals.
• Provide layout at various stages of construction.
• Monitoring, organize and manage survey operations and personnel.
• Provide clear communication with client in a professional manner.
• Manage as-builts information and digital records. What you'll need to succeed
• Post-secondary education in Surveying, Geomatics or Civil Engineering.
• Knowledge of survey practices and standards.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Construction surveying industry would be considered an asset.
• Strong computer skills and proficient in the use of office, data, surveying, and engineering-based software.
• Driver’s license (Class G) and Driver’s Abstract required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of engineering design and survey methods.
• GPS and total station experience required.
• Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
• Ability to lift 50lbs.
• Available to travel to various projects.
What you'll get in return
A competitive compensation package which includes extended health and dental coverage.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Jasmine McCallum (343-600-2572)!
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1106187
Construction and Property
Dependent on experience.
29 Apr 2023
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Jasmine McCallum, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Ottawa (EN)