Your new company
A leading client in the retail industry with multiple offices across Canada, is seeking to hire for a Senior Programmer Analyst in their Toronto office.
Your new role
The Senior Programmer Analyst combines business and technology skills with leadership, communication, planning, and organizational skills. This candidate will undertake detail design architecture, develop program code, test, and implement systems based on the business requirements and high-level design.
• Understand and follow the Agile SMART delivery approach and the traditional System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
• Provide design solutions, work estimates, develop and implement assigned Small Work Requests (M&Es).
• Accountable for delivering excellent quality results, according to agreed upon timelines and within budget.
• Converts the high level design to detail design specifications, identifies and documents the unit processes; plans and executes the development, testing and validation activities (monitoring) to ensure that the results meet the design specifications - in partnership with the Development Lead, the Test Lead, Business Analysts, Business Stakeholders, IT Development team members and Integration Architecture team members.
• Write program code according to technical standards
• Develop, maintain, debug, test, and document system components
• Configure, test, and implementation of vendor developed software package applications.
• Experience with more than one programming language / development tool
• Participate and assist with the creation of detail checklist for the implementation plans for large systems and projects
• Execute the Service Now and Change Management process according to company standards
• Ensure all deliverables reflect an effective use of technology regarding performance and conform to IT-PMO standards
What You Bring
• Minimum of 7 to 10 years-experience in a prior Senior Technical/Developer (Cloud Services) role in a project-based environment
• Working knowledge of security best practices (e.g., OWASP)
• Experience in migrating solutions to hybrid or fully cloud-based solutions.
• University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience with security, networking, databases, and infrastructure as code
• Experience in Azure Cosmos database/SQL Server development
• Knowledge/experience in a multi-tier client server environment (specifically: Windows, Unix, Oracle, Tuxedo)
• Work experience in development of multi-tier business applications
• Azure - develop, launch, and debug cloud-based applications
• In-depth, experience in Java/J2EE (Spring Boot), SOA Webservices (SOAP and REST), ESBs, Open-Source products, and strong working knowledge of SOA, SOAP, WSDL, BPEL, Spring MVC and JSON.
• Python/Bash/PowerShell/ SQL, PL/SQL
• Practical C# technical skills and knowledge
Nice To Have
• Azure Certifications like AZ-303 or AZ-304 would be ideal
• Understanding of the Supply Chain systems and processes
• Proficiency and Proven Hands-on experience Azure Services; Azure Functions, Service Bus, APIM, Java, AKS, Azure Monitor, Azure AD, RBAC etc.
• Hands-on experience including infrastructure automation tools like Terraform, AzureDevOps, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes & Ansible
• Experience with orchestration frameworks and Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) tools
• If you’re available and interested in this role, please reply to this email as soon as you can attaching your updated resume. #1105358
Retail & Consumer Goods
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Dana Palmer, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Toronto (EN)