Your new company
Hays is partnering with the leading Emergency Response Management provider in Canada who is looking to hire a full-time Senior Accountant to join their team in Calgary, AB. This is a permanent position with a hybrid working model and a lot of development opportunities.
Your new role
Senior Accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting duties as well as preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, and leading year-end activities. Reporting to CFO the accountant will be managing al cash and treasury functions, AP / AR, preparing monthly financial reports and financial analysis on variances to targets. Lead the annual budgeting process as well as the monthly revenue and expenditure forecast process. Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts. Ensure compliance with GAAP principles and perform other accounting duties, as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of full cycle accounting experience
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel; proficient in other MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to communicate effectively at a professional level (including reading, writing, and verbal) within all levels of the organization
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong attentional to details
What you'll get in return
Nice to have:
- Experience creating SQL queries/working with SQL server
- Experience working with Quick Books Online
- Working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
This opportunity is offering competitive salary and benefits but more importantly a chance to work for a leader in the Emergency Response Management industry, and an opportunity to work with an amazing team! This position offers career development opportunities, job security and a great chance to learn with the best in your field.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104077