Your new company
A leading oil and gas industry, with multiple offices across Canada are looking to onboard a Senior Scheduler. This is for a minimum 1 year of a contract role.
Your new role
This role offers working for one of the leading oil and gas industry.
- Develop Level 3 schedule for pipeline projects for all project phases, in conjunction with the project teams and contractors, through solid understanding of scope of work, execution plan and contacting strategy.
- Maintain ownership of the Integrated Project Schedule, ensuring prime contractor, sub contractor and owner activities are logically linked and accurately represent project progress. Interact with Construction Managers, Project Managers, Project Controls, and other Subject Matter Experts to ensure the integrity of the Project Schedule.
- Scrutinizing contractor’s reporting on quantities installed & physical progress, identifying areas of risk or opportunity to deliver the project on time or ahead of schedule.
- Validate contractors physical progress and forecast with Project Controls and Construction Management Team, understand how key quantities and productivity / rates of placement translate into work hours & cost in a cost-reimbursable contract, ensuring alignment between cost and schedule. Proactively identify risks or opportunities where the contractor physical progress has a variance against plan (critical path and near critical path).
- Ensure project schedule remains aligned with company standard procedures (WBS, Progress Measurement, Earned Value Management, Schedule Management)
- Collaborate with Project Team and Risk Management to perform probabilistic schedule analysis and develop ‘what-if’ scenarios
- Develop and implement plan vs. actual progress curves, including analyzing deviations from plan and reporting on impacts & mitigations
- Support Project Controls, Supply Chain and Construction Management Team with validation of any Change Orders though the validation of impacts to the Project Schedule (quantity of manhours or commodity quantities). Identify impacts or risks to project schedule and costs driven by changes in contractor progress (identifying early warnings of late progress, underperforming rates of placement, or impacts of recovery plans)
- Coach, monitor and assist the Scheduling team as well as provide support to other leads and project controls team members
What you need to succeed:
- Eight or more years of related pipeline project construction experience, preferably under a cost-reimbursable or target price structure.
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline
- Advanced Primavera P6 user, able to use clear logic and minimal constraints to develop and maintain a resource loaded project schedule, is a fundamental requirement. Power BI, Tilos, and SAP experience considered an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; able to concisely communicate facts and impacts to stakeholders.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office computer skills in Word and Excel; ability to manipulate and analyze data, such as SAP, TILOS, Power BI, 4D or Primavera raw data, in Excel.
- Flexibility to temporarily go to the project site during construction (Camp or LOA), for planning/progress meetings with construction management team and prime contractor.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now at 604-648-1721.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104151