Opportunity for a Service Technician with an award winning home builder in Kingston!
Your new company
Our client is a award winning Residential Home Builder based in Kingston.
Your new role
In your new role as a Residential Service Technician your main objective will be to complete minor outstanding construction repairs at various stages of build process. Strong hands on construction skills are required for this hands on role. This is a full time, permanent position located in Kingston, Ontario.
Core duties will include:
• Meeting with homeowners on a day-to-day basis, providing customer service that is aligned with corporate standards.
• Performing repairs, including but not limited to drywall repairs, drywall installation, insulation, painting, framing, soffit and fascia, cabinet adjustments, ceramic tiles, lighting, plumbing, railings.
• Filling cracks and other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sand patch, using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding tools.
• Identifying problems and deficiencies and provide recommendations to supervisors on how to fix issues, execute and perform repairs.
• Performing various repairs as identified by the Home Inspector on the PDI, 30 Day and Year-End work orders.• Resolving deficiencies while keeping corporate requirements and responsibilities in mind.
• Updating work orders as repairs are completed. Ensuring homeowners sign off on all completed work.• Keeping homeowners informed on the status of all repairs at every service call.
• Notifying the Service Department when items cannot be resolved, or when additional help is required from another staff member or subtrade.
• Preparing written reports on service work performed for homeowners and submit reports regularly to the Service Department.
• Supporting other related duties as required by the site/service team.
What you'll need to succeed
A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the home building industry, preferably with a large residential developer.
Red Seal Certification is considered a strong asset.
Previous experience as a Carpenter or Service Technician would be ideal.
Physically fitness and manual dexterity are required.
Ability to access attic spaces and roofs.
Ability to use power tools.
Demonstrated critical analysis and problem-solving skills.
Ability to independently coordinate several simultaneous tasks while maintaining a positive attitude and flexible work style.
Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle to drive around the site throughout the day to accomplish tasks as per the outlined schedule. Access to a vehicle may be required.
Ability to follow instructions, and a strong attention to detail.
Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
Good organizational and time management skills, with the ability to complete tasks independently as per the prescribed schedule/timelines.
Ability to follow prioritize tasks based on various schedules as directed, including changes to schedules (trades, closing, etc.).
Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently, and a willingness to learn.
Demonstrated strong customer service skills in dealing with colleagues, trades, and potentially homeowners.
What you'll get in return
A competitive compensation package featuring generous PTO! A company truck and tools will be provided.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Jasmine McCallum at 343 600 2572!
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1105086
Construction and Property
Dependent on experience.
15 Feb 2023
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Jasmine McCallum, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Ottawa (EN)