Project Manager; Capital Projects - Building Envelope
New Opportunity in Windsor!
Your new company
Provides well-maintained, safe, and affordable community housing in a respectful and fair manner. We are leaders in the housing sector and contribute to the development and support of strong communities in the City of Windsor and County of Essex.
Your new role
• Ensure delivery of assigned contracted corporate projects on time, within budget, in accordance with specifications and within applicable regulatory, accreditation and Municipal requirements.
• Manages all projects in accordance with CHC’s project management policy and procedures.
• Perform the critical tasks throughout each project's lifecycle including the efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, and clear communication of expectations to stakeholders and upward reporting to senior management.
• Provide direct supervision to engineering students/ project coordinators etc. as assigned and oversee and manage all project resources either directly or indirectly.
• Conduct or manage all pre-development work including managing the preparation of working drawings, business cases, conducting stakeholder meetings.
• Recommends the improvement of project management, procurement, and other processes at CHC as related to the position.
• Prepares procurement templates (RFP’s, RFI’s, RFT’s, etc.) and manages the resulting contracts with consultants (e.g., Architects and engineers) and contractors.
• Prepare and maintain project schedules and manage all activities to ensure an on-schedule delivery of the project.
• Review and analyze the project schedule to seek out opportunities for reducing the time of the critical path and coordinate work and schedules with operations staff.
• Prepare and manage project budget, cash flow, expenditure reports and ensure compliance with project funding sources.
• Review project documents and processes to and propose cost saving measures to reduce overall project cost.
• Manage contractors, contracts, consultants, building official and others associated with construction projects.
• Prepare and maintain a risk register and manage risk such that it is reduced where possible.
• Manage the project to ensure all goals of the project are achieved and address issues when they arise.
• Oversee the design of project quality processes, implement these processes and ensure they are followed, and address all quality concerns and issues.
• Review designs and specifications ensuring they meet CHC’s standards and overall goals and objectives.
• Conduct site meetings to ensure the cost, timing, quality, and risk (including Health and Safety) objectives are being achieved.
• Proactively assess and manage change requests in a way that optimises impact to scope, budget, schedule, quality.
• Organize and conduct meetings, preparing minutes and action planning documents.
• Manage internal and external stakeholders to achieve optimal outcomes for the project.
• Assists in establishing and maintaining project safety culture.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with client, consultants, and subcontractors and when stakeholder disputes arise, resolve them in a timely manner.
• Represent CHC at tenant, community or public meetings as required.
• Support “after hours” calls by remaining available on an on-call basis after normal work hours (including weekends and holidays) to address after hour’s maintenance emergencies.
• Other duties/projects as required.
What you'll need to succeed
• University Degree in Building Science Engineering or equivalent.
• 5 years of experience in Roofing and Building Envelope restoration investigation, design, and construction.
• Proven technical skills in all relevant areas of construction.
• Proficient in estimating, cost controls, negotiation and managing project risks.
• Strong knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements (municipal approval processes, building codes, fire safety standards, environmental regulations Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Construction Act).
• Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard documents affecting projects (including contracts, project charters, surveys, construction, and other technical drawings, etc.).
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project (or equivalent project management software).
• Has a track record of developing and maintaining positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation, and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with staff, political representatives, Board of Directors, consultants, contractors, residents, and the public.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions that have a direct impact on project success.
• Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills and demonstrated initiative that improves service or business results.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure, meet strict deadlines.
• Proven experience in effectively motivating and managing direct reports as well as other internal and external resources.
• Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License class “G,” current valid insurance, and the use of a personal vehicle for work purposes.
• Preference given to candidates with BSSO (Building Science Specialist of Ontario) designation
• P.Eng and PMP Certifications to be considered an asset
• Passive House training and knowledge to be considered an asset.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104949
24 Mar 2023
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Ashley Peck, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Toronto (EN)