Your new company
Hays is partnering with one of the leaders in the housing sector of City of Windsor. This is a full-time and permanent opportunity with potential for development and growth.
Your new role
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Systems, or designate, the Project Coordinator, Electrical will assist in preserving the integrity, safety, and habitability of the owned housing stock and the Regeneration of Portfolio, including both new and existing stock.
- Assist in delivery and management of projects in accordance with accepted standards and policies, within specifications and within applicable regulatory, accreditation and municipal requirements to ensure the latest applicable codes, by laws and legislative requirements are met.
- Assist Asset Management team in preparing and reviewing technical drawings, specifications of newly installed systems, monitoring the operation of existing systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and requirements – systems include but not limited to Fire Alarm, Security, Building Automation, Heat Management, Solar, Elevator, Generator, Interphone, Electrical, Control and Telecommunication Systems.
- Collect data relating to commercial and residential development, population, and power system interconnection to determine operating efficiency of electrical systems, and plan layout of electric power generating plants and distribution lines and stations by conducting field surveys; study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
- Investigate service requests, determine nature and extent of problem, recommend remedial measures, and provide oversight to ensure that all building Life Safety Systems are inspected, operational and repaired as needed within a timely manner to ensure ongoing compliance with all codes and regulations; liaise with the Fire Department, Electrical Safety Authority (ESA), and Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA), as required.
- Assist in preparing public tender documentation as assigned, including specifications, drawings, and various appendices, in accordance with accepted standards and policies.
- Assist with reviewing project submittals, Shop Drawings, for conformance with contract documents.
- Assist in the development of budgets, including estimates for labour, material, and construction costs, and review project documents and processes to propose cost saving measures and reduce overall project costs.
- Communicating plans, actions, risks, and issues with key stakeholders.
- Analyzing project data and producing progress reports.
What you'll need to succeed
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders for pre-, during and post-project activities, and as directed, assist with the management of outside consultants, contractors, building officials and others to successfully guide the project to completion.
The ideal candidate will be confident, professional, optimistic, energetic, has ability to motivate others, committed to our corporation and its values with a genuine desire to put our customer first. The Project Coordinator, Electrical must have experience in a large property and facility management, and / or human services environment would be an asset.
- Undergraduate Degree, or Diploma in Electrical and / or Controls or equivalent field of study and/or Management / Project Management; graduation from a post-secondary engineering or technical program in a related field will be considered.
- 2-3 years of Project Management experience, or related experience in the Electrical and Construction Industry an asset.
- Knowledge of Circuit Boards, Processors, Chips, Electronic Equipment, and Computer Hardware and Software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of design techniques and tools, and able to read Single Line Diagrams (SLD), Schematic Wiring Diagrams (SWD), Blueprints, and layout for Instrumentation and Power Systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, working knowledge of AutoCAD will be an asset, and the ability to utilize custom software.
- Familiar with relevant regulatory requirements (Electrical Codes, building codes, safety standards, fire safety standards and environmental regulations).
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and apply standard documents affecting projects, including contracts, project charters, surveys, construction, and other technical documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing reports.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills and demonstrated initiative that improves service or business results.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License class “G” and the use of a personal vehicle for work purposes.
What you'll get in return
- Registered with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) as Professional Engineer In Training (EIT) an asset.
- PMP Certification considered an asset.
This position offers competitive compensation package, opportunity to work with the progressive team and developing career with the industry leader.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104982