Your new company
A leading oil and gas (pipeline) industry with multiple offices across Canada is looking to onboard an Project Controller. This is for an 12-month contract role.
Your new role
Project Controls - Provides project management support services in the areas of project initiation, cost management, change management, progress measurement, reporting and project close out. Project Controls collaborates with project managers on the development and review of project plan, estimate, schedule, risk, and contractual requirements. Develops and implements project controls and monitoring procedures to ensure the achievement of project schedule and cost objectives. Collects, analyzes and reports on project data and costs from various stakeholders (e.g., engineering, procurement, construction and accounting).
What you'll need to succeed
Supervision, Performance and Experience
- Reviews PC Organizational structure and maintains staffing worksheet
- Good understanding of overall project scope
- Reviews Estimate and provides input for mapping to the control WBS
- Reviews schedule and maintains list of project key milestones
- Maintains project time phasing for control budget and estimate to complete
- Completes requisitions for commitment of project materials and services
- Compiles incurred costs reporting and variance explanations
- Updates cost management system with time phased data, contractor progress and project trends
- Review project invoices to ensure that costs align with incurred costs
- Review contractor cost and progress and provide input to estimate at completion
- Basic awareness of Earned Value Management, rules of credit, and progress measurement
- May monitor cost progress and performance metrics to establish potential and pending trends
- Exercises judgment in the classification, compilation and analysis and project trends
- Participates in HRIM and QRA meetings
- Assists in the preparation and compiling of detailed project cost reports, scorecards, and project scans
- Provides overall support to Intermediate and Senior Project Controls
- Involved in administrative project close-out activities
What you need to do now
- Typically operates with clearly defined assignments.
- Work is normally subject to review in detail.
- Works under close supervision and usually under the guidance of an experienced Project Controller
- Would be part of a project controls team on large scale projects and support intermediate and senior pc, may have more of a pc administration role.
- Experience with executing low- to moderate-risk capital projects.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1105595