Your new company
Hays Recruitment has partnered up with a College here in Toronto, ON. Our client is looking for a Procurement Analyst to join their team on a 6 month contract to permanent basis. This is a hybrid opportunity.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Administers the purchase order process.
- Assists with development of department goals and objectives and establishes/implements policies and procedures with respect to payment priorities, cheque runs and work allocation.
- Provides guidance and advisory support to other Procurement staff.
- Provides assistance/direction to user departments on all Purchasing system related inquiries.
- Reports or provides statistical input for reporting project achievements for senior management.
- Prepares government reporting to the Ministry and communicates effects of new or revised legislation.
- Provides accurate, thorough/timely advice and support to user departments related to procurement of goods and services through the issuing and receiving of proposals, tenders and service contracts.
- Prepares spreadsheets and analyzes competitive tender responses from potential vendors and awards contract in accordance with College policies.
- Helps to develop departmental policies and processes; implements and manages internal operating procedures and assists with coordination of work of staff on plans and projects. Recommends, leads and implements team projects to meet strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for Canada Customs clearance of goods arriving into Canada, North American Free Trade issues and compliance to various Provincial Trade agreements.
- Ensures that all College tender, RFP and RFQ documentation contains appropriate and accurate terms and conditions to minimize exposure to legal risks.
- Develops and updates competitive bid and contract document templates to address legal precedence and policy and legislated changes.
What you'll get in return
- Minimum completed three (3) year diploma/degree in Business or related field. If education is in another field of study, please state how it is related.
- Completion of procurement/purchasing/Supply Chain Management courses from a recognized Procurement Association (Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP) designation, or Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO)).
- Minimum of five (5) years of procurement experience in a large multi-division/multi-facility organization, ideally within the broader public sector.
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, ERP S/W (PeopleSoft or SAP) in-house network systems, in-house data search software.
- Negotiating skills, knowledge of contract law, and relevant government Procurement legislation.
- Strong client service, presentation and conflict resolution skills.
- Solid skills and experience in resource allocation, business and quantitative analysis, to analyze/evaluate complex situations/written vendor submissions.
- Good strategic and human resource management
- Strong customer service and great with bright
- Asset using Peoplesoft or SAP
- Public sector experience is preferred (working with municipality, school boards, transportation sector, etc.) if no public sector experience then try to be as close to public sector (pharmaceutical, telecommunications, banking – a heavily regulated environment)
This role offers competitive pay and the opportunity to work for one of the top Colleges in the country.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104972