Your new company
A successful and well established construction company with offices in Edmonton have an immediate need for a new Payroll Manager to join the team.
Your new role
Managing the payroll across multiple companies (including two unionised) within the group and totalling around 800 employees at peak across AB, SK and BC. You will act as a leader and mentor to one direct report. This role is 100% office based and the hours are 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday and the offices are located in the eastern part of Edmonton. Other duties will include:
- Reconcile account balances for the purpose of maintaining accurate reporting and complying with related policies, practices and/or regulations.
- Researches discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation (e.g. time sheets, leave time, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
- Professionally responds to questions and provide information to managers, staff, and departments on payroll matters.
- Manages government remittances and provides summaries and reports.
- Year end T4 balancing and reporting.
- This is a general responsibilities list and does not include all responsibilities required of the position.
What you'll need to succeed
- Maintains awareness of current payroll legislation and coordinates policy, system and or other required changes as they develop.
You will have held a Payroll Supervisor or Manager position previously and be comfortable leading a department and acting as a mentor to junior staff. You will also need to be comfortable being in the office full time as this is NOT a hybrid role.
What you'll get in return
The company offer a fantastic package of salary and benefits and a stable work environment with a successful and friendly company culture.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104876