Your new company
SMS Equipment operates at the leading edge of innovation and offers advanced technologies that keep job sites running safely, efficiently and productively - even in extreme conditions. As one of the largest Komatsu dealers in the world they believe their continued growth is a result of their highly skilled and engaged employees who deliver excellence in the workplace. They were proud to be recognized with the Associated Equipment Distributors Technician of the Year Award for Canada, 2019. SMS Equipment serve the construction, forestry, mining & utilities sectors, and are committed to safety as their number one priority.
Your new role
Responsible for activities as they relate to Parts Department report development, maintenance and the measurement of Parts Department performance including
What you'll need to succeed
- Monitor key performance indicators for the parts area to ensure that trends are managed related to total parts inventory value, parts margins, inventory turns, non turning inventory, obsolescence, parts order fill rates, purchase order fill rates, etc.
- Works with the management team to develop reasonable annual objectives for parts department efficiencies and monitors progress and results.
- Keeps abreast of market advancements as it relates to the effective operations of parts department.
- Analyzes and recommends medium to long term plans for investments to support business strategies.
- Supports in the management of Third Party Logistic strategic partners as well as the overall management of centralized corporate inventory including adherence to budget, annual inventory counts, weekly cycle counts etc.
- Takes part/leads various meetings with Branch Parts Managers and Business Partners to communicate and direct parts distributions practices in accordance to policy and guidelines to achieve consistent practices throughout the company and to ensure that company objectives are being achieved.
- Liaises with Branch parts personnel to monitor parts efficiencies and recommend business practice changes.
- Identify and plan all tasks required to integrate the new solutions with branches existing process.
- Test system functionality to ensure it is ready for production.
- Develop procedures and instruct branches on warehouse and parts department function to ensure consistency SMS wide. Monitors consistency and function through a combination of visits, site audits and reports.
- Accountable for complete vendor management as it pertains to key manufacturers/business partners including part returns, lead time analysis, vendor strategy, stewardship review, etc.
- Order and monitor inventory for corporate parts support.
- Procure recommended spare parts lists from vendors and refine to suit customer requirements.
- Ensure proper systems maintenance for parts master files.
- Quality control of data entered into parts master files.
- Create recommended spare parts lists for new equipment entering our market area.
What you'll get in return
- Extensive knowledge of parts distribution and inventory management.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment with great attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Planning and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and complete projects.
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team.
- Ability to coordinate quality assurance programs in area of specialty.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications; specifically, parts and inventory computer systems and warehouse management systems. High level of competency in Microsoft products Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy with a variety of individuals and groups
SMS is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, learning opportunities, apprenticeship programs, company matched RRSP and more! Perks include discount programs, wellness program, social club and free parking. You will benefit from personal growth and add to your skills through regular OEM training on industry leading equipment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1105688