Your new company
Hays Recruitment has partnered up with an American multinational investment management and financial services company based in Montreal, QC. Our client is looking to onboard a 6-month contract to possible extension Management Consultant to join their team. This role follows a hybrid model (2-3 days in-office at their Montreal location).
Your new role
The Management Consultant position is within the ETS Management organization, reporting into the Chief Operating Officer (COO) team. Position is responsible for supporting the COO across a wide variety of areas including Technology strategy development and execution, operations and financials, investment management and governance, communications, and workforce strategy. Role is in a fast-paced environment and requires a strong resource that can operate independently and is execution oriented.
What you'll need to succeed
- Develop, analyze, and present findings in response to senior management requests
- Partner with ETS leadership, Finance, and the Technology COO office to optimize processes, manage program delivery, track divisional targets, analyze operational metrics and KPIs
- Drive cross super-department coordination on divisional efforts (e.g., annual budgeting, strategic investments, people agenda, labour/headcount planning, cost efficiency, etc.)
- Report project/program cost and schedule status to multiple levels of stakeholders in a clear, concise, and transparent fashion
- Develop robust analytics, conduct market intel/industry research, and increase transparency to drive the divisional strategy and management decision-making.
- Produce and vet meeting content and materials for the COO
- Demonstrate good time management, resource management, ability to prioritize tasks and to meet deadlines across multiple projects
- Display strong leadership skills, with a proven track record of leading projects at times of change
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, operations, strategy, resource and/or budget planning
- Possesses strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
What you'll get in return
- Ability to work across functional disciplines and with all levels of the organization
- Ability to bring teams who are not directly reporting to the same manager together toward a common goal
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment while juggling multiple tasks
- Demonstrates significant discretion and respect for confidentiality of sensitive information
- Well versed in the project lifecycle, project coordination or project management
- Strong data skills - able to extract, manipulate, consolidate, and analyze large sets of data from Excel and various dashboards/tools to inform stakeholders -including shortcuts and formula functions, building charts and graphs, sorting and filtering data, utilizing pivot tables, macros
- Superior PowerPoint, SharePoint/Teams, and general MS Office skills
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills and strategic planning ability
- Understanding of organizational management and design, general finance, and accounting principles
This role offers competitive compensation and the opportunity to work for one of the largest investment management and financial services firms.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1106113