Your new company
Hays is proud to partner with a national leader in the retail industry for the role of the Maintenance Manager.
Your new role
The Maintenance Manager will manage 3-4 coordinators within the management department, who ensure the maintenance of the national portfolio. This person will report to the Maintenance Director. There will be weekly visits to local locations, and overnight travels to further locations 1-2x a month.
- Help direct all activities related to the day to day facility management of 1500+ national locations
- Train, coach and mentor a team of service agents, coordinators and supervisors responsible for the management of 150 daily service calls
- Responsible for a team of 3+ individuals
- Negotiate and manage large contracts (provincial and even national RFPs)
- Supervise contracts related to facilities, maintenance services, equipment, general services & construction
- Track compliance with contractor Service Level Agreements (SLA) and maintain supplier relationships
What you'll need to succeed
- Develop and implement new initiatives and strategies to help optimize the business and the Maintenance department
- Oversee all maintenance procedures to ensure brand consistency, service performance and uninterrupted client experience
- Mana budgets
- Manage yearly and quarterly budgets which includes forecasting, needs & analysis, expense monitoring as well as annual and quarterly capex & opex expenditures
- Strong technical understanding of maintenance operations services and equipment
- Review leases, CAM, estoppels with legal and real estate teams
- 5-8 years in maintenance coordination/supervision/management
- Managerial and/or leadership experience
What you'll get in return
- Knowledge of real estate and leasing activities and terminology
- Experience preparing budgets
- Proficient in French & English (written/spoken)
- Excellent communicator, ability to thrive individually and as a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint. Experience with SAP is a strong asset.
What you need to do now
- A competitive salary: $75,000 - $88,000, depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package: multiple insurance plans (paid at 80% or more by the employers), 5% RRSP matching plan, amongst others
- Strong vacation plan: 3-4 weeks depending on experience, 10 sick days
- A hybrid system (3 days a week in the office, 2 days at home)
- Free parking at the premises
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1105759