Your new company
Hays Recruitment has partnered up with a large Hospital out in Ottawa, ON. Our client is looking for a Labour Relations Specialist to join their team.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide advice, guidance and direction to Human Resources and Management on the administration and interpretation of collective agreements and policies;
- Participate in the development, recommendation, review and update of labour relations strategies, policies, and programs.
- Represent and support management in internal and external grievances proceedings such as mediations, arbitrations, Human Rights Tribunals, and Labour Board processes.
- Work with legal counsel, Human Resources, and Lines of Business to prepare and finalize arbitration briefs.
- Chair and participate in joint meetings with the union partners and management.
- Maintain knowledge of Employment legislation.
- Perform activities relative to the Labour Relations Act and other relevant legislation.
- Prepare and present labour relation training material to various internal clients.
- A university degree in Business with a major in Human Resources,Labour Relations, Law ; (Essential)
What you'll get in return
- Five (5) years’ experience in working in a labour relations team or a law firm; (Essential)
- Experience conducting investigations and document findings to withstand legal scrutiny; (Essential)
- Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve HR related issues related to laws, policies and regulations; (Essential)
- In depth knowledge of collective agreements and terms and conditions of employment; (Essential)
- Ability to interpret and implement organizational policies and procedures; (Essential)
- Discretion and confidentiality is essential with the ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times; (Essential)
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key external stakeholders; (Essential)
- Superior communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization; (Essential)
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills; basic research and data analysis skills; (Essential)
- Motivated individual with proven initiative to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team; (Essential)
- Excellent time and project management skills with great attention to detail; (Essential)
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Office; (Essential)
- A professional designation, CHRP, CHRL; (Preferred)
- Experience working in a multicultural environment; (Preferred)
- Previous hospital experience (Preferred)
- Bilingualism (English/French) (Preferred)
This role offers the opportunity to work for one of the top hospitals in the Province.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104632