Your new company
SMS equipment is looking for 4th year Heavy Equipment Technician apprentices who are working towards their Journeyperson Technician certification. In this role you will find solutions, make safety a priority and work with the largest, most advanced earthmoving equipment. You will be at the forefront helping to keep those machines, and the industry they service, moving! This position is located in Elkford, BC.
Our Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technicians (HET) are responsible for helping when providing repairs, overhauls and new builds in mining related equipment. This position will employ logic and deductive reasoning in diagnosing and troubleshooting.
Your new role
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Performing assemblies, preventative maintenance, repairs and complete overhauls on heavy equipment.
• Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized or other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required.
• Make recommendations regarding extent of repairs and suggest methods of improvement.
• Think logically and keep up with changes in technology.
• Interpret work order and technical manuals.
• Complete job specific reports and paperwork as needed.
• Have a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety.
• Work remotely in adverse weather conditions. Job tasks may be physically demanding lifting up to 50 lbs.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be in their 4th year apprenticeship to become a Heavy Equipment Technician. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Other requirements include:
• Strong commitment to safety
• Experience in repair/maintenance of heavy equipment
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Some positions may require the ability to travel and meet customer site requirements
• Experience with Komatsu equipment is considered an asset
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include: competitive wages and comprehensive group benefits plan
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1105174