Your new company
Founded on more than a century of combined entrepreneurial spirit and industry experience, SMS Equipment is a solutions leader for the construction, forestry, mining, and utility industries.
Your job applications are diverse, and so is your territory. We sell and service a broad range of top heavy-duty equipment brands across Canada, Alaska and Mongolia.
Your new role
At SMS Equipment, safety is our number one priority. Our successful candidate is intrinsically motivated and committed to making safe choices, when completing all tasks. Reporting to the Service Manager, the Heavy Equipment Technician maintains, repairs, and rebuilds heavy equipment in the shop and field. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Make recommendations regarding the extent of repairs and suggest methods of improvement
- Repair the equipment in a timely and financially responsible manner
- Think logically and keep up with changes in technology
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals
- Employ workplace health and safety practices at all times
- Be motivated and able to work in a challenging environment with minimal supervision
The successful candidate will possess an inter provincial Red Seal Heavy Equipment Technician certification. Other requirements include, but are not limited to:
What you'll get in return
- Experience in repair/maintenance of heavy-duty equipment
- Experience with Komatsu
- Strong commitment to safety
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Full Driver’s License without restrictions
Our Client is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, learning opportunities, apprenticeship programs, company matched RRSP and more! Perks include discount programs, wellness program, social club and free parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1092734