Your new company
Inland Truck and Equipment is an industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1400 employees across 35 branches in North America, we offer exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future!
Your new role
The Heavy Duty Equipment Technician will be responsible for travelling to customers’ locations and repairing and maintaining equipment powered by internal combustion engines or electricity according to dealership and factory specifications
What you'll need to succeed
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Analyzes customers’ equipment performance complaints, diagnoses cause of any malfunctions, and performs repair
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned equipment to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor/shop foreman or lead hand, immediately, if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Tests equipment when required.
- Participates in manufacturer sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Reports common machinery and tool defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that the customers’ equipment is kept clean. Notifies service advisor/dispatcher immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the equipment.
- Cleans up after each repair. Returns all common tools that were used in the repair to their designated storage place in the service truck.
- Maintains company service truck, ensuring it is kept clean and in good repair, including keeping the MVI current.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools, manuals, and computer diagnostic equipment. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, provincial/state and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, occupational health & safety regulations, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Keeps up-to-date with WHMIS training (Canada) or OSHA HCS training (US).
- Becomes familiar with and complies with the company’s Health & Safety Manual. Reports any unsafe practices to a supervisor or manager.
- Other duties may be assigned
What you'll get in return
- Qualification as a Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Technician essential;
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer skills and experience preferred
- Supervisory skills and experience preferred
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to proactively problem-solve and think logically
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Quality orientation
- Team work
- Accountability and dependability
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 kgs or 50 lbs.
- Must be able to drive service truck to customer’s location, (long periods sitting / standing /walking)
- Must have the mobility to easily access and egress equipment.
- Must be willing and able to work various shifts, possibly including weekends.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime when required.
What you need to do now
- Competitive wages
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104240