Role: Global Network & Communications Administrator
Duration: Permanent - Full time
Salary/Rate: Negotiable, depending on experience
Location: Onsite – Mississauga
Your new company
Our Client is a market leader in the manufacturing of roofing and building materials. It is a Canadian owned and operated business with production facilities worldwide and has many years of unparalleled success in the industry. Quality, integrity, and trustworthiness are the values that underlie in their success.
Your new role
The Global Network and Communications Administrator will support both operational and project related activities and maintain defined IT standards at all global locations. Scope includes data and voice networks, email, messaging, video and voice conferencing, audio visual equipment and unified communications systems. Incumbent will apply excellent communication, problem-solving, change management, and network administration skills to ensure the Network and related operations are accurate, up-to-date, available, secure, and performing as the business requires.
Key Skills/Experience Requirements:
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Office 365/ Azure AD/ Azure
- HP Networking (Comware/Aruba) switches
- Knowledge of routing protocols (BGP/RIP/OSPF/etc.)
- Pulse Secure VPN
- Symantec/Bluecoat Packetshaper
- Riverbed Steelhead
- A10/F5 Load Balancers
- ProofPoint Mail filter
- Ruckus Wireless
- Citrix NetScaler
- Network Tools (Nmap/Wireshark/SSH/SCP/Telnet/FTP/etc.)
- Understanding of key Microsoft network protocols (SMB/CIFS/MAPI/ActiveSync/SQL)
- VMWare fundamentals
- Citrix XenMobile MDM
- Business Continuity BCP
What you'll need to succeed
- Ensure operational stability of network, security and voice environment at all global locations
- Provide level 2/3, and above, support for any global network, security or voice issue in line with defined SLA’s and OLA’s.
- Hands over unresolved critical/high priority incidents to other global team members with detailed supporting documentation at the end of normal working hours or under coordination of Manager if for an off-hour’s incident.
- Scheduled for support in on-call rotation and, for the period scheduled, is expected to respond and troubleshoot incidents for any global location outside of business-hours. For example, during the night and at weekends.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots complex network issues.
- Communicates with vendors on services changes and/or hardware/software orders and coordinates subsequent activities.
- Creation and maintenance of published documentation for technical procedures, policies, and standard processes related to network and communications infrastructure.
- Design and implement network, security and voice infrastructure to facilitate the business requirements in alignment with defined Global IT standards.
- Collaborates with project team members, providing technical expertise, assist in creation of detailed task plans and executes activities, communicating status accordingly.
- Research new technologies to stay informed on networking industry standards and best practices. Makes recommendations to Manager, Global Network and Communications for inclusion in technology roadmap.
- Implement, administer, and monitor security solutions, standards, and policies in accordance with Information Security Framework. Investigates possible security breaches as part of incident management team.
- Provide representation of network/security/voice group in audits.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Manager, Global Network and Communications.
What you'll get in return
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Over 5 years’ of experience managing and maintaining datacenter systems, processes and systems architecture in large enterprises.
- Effective leader of ideas and people with a deep understanding of business capabilities and processes.
- Broad industry experience and domain expertise – industrial manufacturing sector experience an asset.
- Ability to assess datacenter trends to develop and implement hardware and software standards for network.
- Collaborative team player who can effectively participate in departmental level meetings and positively influence outcomes.
- Solid understanding of licensing models and practice, enterprise inventory tools, all to ensure compliance is maintained.
- Upholds 'best practice' standards as well as departmental policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills
- Excellent problem-solving skill
- Able to travel frequently to supported global locations (25%)
The client is offering a Full Time engagement, a competitive salary and an opportunity to serve the community along with work life balance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1100632