Your new company
SMS Equipment operates at the leading edge of innovation and offers advanced technologies that keep job sites running safely, efficiently and productively - even in extreme conditions. As one of the largest Komatsu dealers in the world they believe their continued growth is a result of their highly skilled and engaged employees who deliver excellence in the workplace. They were proud to be recognized with the Associated Equipment Distributors Technician of the Year Award for Canada, 2019. SMS Equipment serve the construction, forestry, mining & utilities sectors, and are committed to safety as their number one priority.
Your new role
Oversees shop facilities and service operations.
- Ensures that operational requirements are met by supervising, coordinating and scheduling the activities of trades people who repair and maintain Komatsu and other OEM equipment.
- Coordinates work through other trades such as welders and subcontractors.
- Assures a quality product by conducting in-process inspections and evaluating the finished product.
- Takes corrective action to improve job results by counselling and disciplining employees when work standards or job results are not met.
- Prepares and reviews SMS and Komatsu technical reports including: Technical Service Information (TSI), Technical Service Requests (TSR), Machine Down Requests (MDR), Parts Rob requests, and Quality Assurance Documents.
- Prepares service quotes for internal and external customers.
- Prepares and processes internal and external work orders and ensures all supporting information is documented and kept with work order.
- Supervisory responsibilities.
- Ensures SMS Equipment policies and procedures are met and enforced.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by developing and enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensures all trades people are exercising safe procedures and that trade practices and regulations are followed.
- Supports and develop staff by training; ensuring employees are trained in their assigned tasks; arrange and track training.
- Assists with preparing and reviewing Incident/Accident reports.
- Reviews work schedules to ensure man power is allocated correctly.
- Directly assists trades people.
- Performs employee evaluations.
- Ensures employee rotation between departments for development purposes.
- Gives direction to Lead Hands on the floor.
- Customer service.
- Assists customers by providing service information and by resolving service problems.
- Resolves service problems by asking questions and clarifying the customer’s concerns; determining the cause of the problem; explaining the best solution; making the correction or adjustment; and following up to ensure resolution.
- Prepares reports and quotations as required.
- Sharing/assisting with field dispatch and prioritizes accordingly.
- Orders and organizes field repair parts, including PM services and Komatsu Care Programs.
- Organizes Komatsu mandatory Field Campaigns in shop and in the field.
- Administration of department paperwork.
- Administration of all Work Orders.
- Ensures correct and sufficient inventory is ordered to match large work orders.
- Performs material handling documentation for shipping of product.
- Ensure all FLRA cards are reviewed and signed-off.
- Reviews and signs-off on time cards.
- Ensures Lead Hands perform Pre-Job Assessments with technicians and perform Post repair inspections.
- Orders supplies and parts.
- Prepares warranty work orders with all required documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serves as back-up to the Service Manager with customer.
- Contributes to the Branch by accomplishing other related results and duties as required.
- Ensures all department activities are conducted in full compliance with safety, health and environmental standards, company rules and processes (policies, CP’s, SWP’s, JHA’s) and other applicable legislation
- Requires evidence from direct reports that OHSE processes function well. Performs random audits to check processes.
- Ensures corrective actions are implemented and maintained.
- Supports the Mine JOSH Committee as and when required.
- Works with direct reports to resolve unresolved issues and brings any remaining unresolved issues to the next level of management.
- Brings awareness to safety by participating fully in all GKP and Company safety programs.
What you'll need to succeed
- Position requires a thorough knowledge of maintenance and repair of Komatsu and other OEM equipment.
- Requires Red Seal Journeyman level certification.
- Minimum five years’ experience as a qualified Heavy Equipment Technician is required.
- Supervisory experience in an industrial environment is a requirement.
- Ability to oversee and coordinate a large shop operation.
- Must be an organized individual, self-motivated and a self-starter.
Also requires knowledge of OH&S acts and regulations and equipment inspection requirements.
What you'll get in return
SMS is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, learning opportunities, apprenticeship programs, company matched RRSP and more! Perks include discount programs, wellness program, social club and free parking. You will benefit from personal growth and add to your skills through regular OEM training on industry leading equipment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Contact: email@example.com Phone: 5874100635 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org #1105119