HET - Fort Hills 7x7
Your new company
Heavy Equipment Technician (Fort Hills 7x7)
SMS Equipment operates at the leading edge of innovation and offers advanced technologies that keep job sites running safely, efficiently and productively - even in extreme conditions. As one of the largest Komatsu dealers in the world they believe their continued growth is a result of their highly skilled and engaged employees who deliver excellence in the workplace.
They were proud to be recognised with the Associated Equipment Distributors Technician of the Year Award for Canada, 2019. SMS Equipment serve the construction, forestry, mining & utilities sectors, and are committed to safety as their number one priority.
Due to growth they are seeking a Heavy Equipment Technician to join their growing yet established team. As an advocate of lifetime career growth, you will receive training and opportunities for promotion within as you grow.
Your new role
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing assemblies, preventative maintenance and repairs on heavy equipment.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerised or other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required.
- Make recommendations regarding extent of repairs and suggest methods of improvement.
- Think logically and keep up with changes in technology.
- Interpret work order and technical manuals.
- Complete job specific reports and paperwork as needed.
- Have a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety.
- Motivated and able to work in a challenging environment with minimal supervision.
- Work remotely in adverse weather conditions. Job tasks may be physically demanding lifting up to 50 lbs. Confined Space work is required.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will possess a Journey person Heavy Equipment Technician certification. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. Other requirements include:
- Strong commitment to safety
- Experience in field repair/maintenance of heavy equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Some positions may require the ability to travel and meet customer site requirements
- Experience with Komatsu equipment is considered an asset
What you'll get in return
SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include: competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits plan, and employer funded RRSP.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.