Your new company
Inland Truck & Equipment is an industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1400 employees across 35 branches in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future!
Your new role
The Heavy-Duty Equipment Field Technician will be responsible for travelling to customers’ locations and repairing and maintaining heavy duty equipment including construction and forestry equipment.
What you'll need to succeed
- Travels to customer locations to repair and maintain heavy duty equipment.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Analyzes customers’ equipment performance complaints, diagnoses cause of any malfunctions, and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Examines assigned equipment to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Tests equipment when required.
- Maintains company service truck, ensuring it is kept clean and in good repair, including keeping the MVI current.
- Becomes familiar with and complies with the company’s Health & Safety Manual.
What you'll get in return
- Qualification as a Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Technician essential, Red Seal Journeyperson preferred
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic Computer skills to access and utilize required computer systems and tools
- Ability to proactively problem-solve and think logically
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 kgs or 50 lbs.
- Valid Drivers’ License and must be able to drive service truck to customer’s location
- Must have the mobility to easily access and egress equipment.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime when required.
Our employees receive a generous benefits package including:
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
If you are looking for an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic team of professionals, we invite you to apply today
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104535