Your new company
LOCATION: Vancouver or Surrey, BC
START DATE: Immediately
CANDIDATE PROFILE The Engineer or Technician/Technologist will work as an active team member within project teams. The successful candidate will be comfortable dealing with clients, communicating with contractors, and working in a team-based environment. A commitment to providing exceptional client service and developing technical expertise to deliver practical, creative solutions is key to shared success. The successful candidate will join our team of restoration and special projects engineers and technologists involved in performing structural restoration, fall protection and work at heights system assessments, design, and field reviews for a wide range of projects throughout the Lower Mainland. The individual will work under the supervision of senior staff, and is responsible for a variety of projects from commercial/institutional buildings to multi-unit residential towers for both new construction and existing buildings.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the façade and building maintenance access system team with fall protection and work at heights system design for new and existing buildings
- Assist the special projects restoration team with OHSR and CSA code compliance studies for fall protection and work at heights systems
- Visit sites and/or conduct fall protection and work at height system assessments and reviews, collecting building information, process information, and write reports
- Assist the special projects restoration team with contract and construction administration, document control, and project management
- Visit sites and/or conduct structural restoration assessments and reviews, collecting building information, process information, and write reports
- Coordinate with team members and clients on a daily basis
- Provide assistance with other field services if time permits
- Manage and maintain field equipment inventory
- Write field review and building condition assessment reports
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Education:
- 1 to 2 years of prior experience with a consulting firm or a testing agency is an asset.
- Current Fall Protection training or rope access certification is an asset
- Registration as an EIT or AScT, or eligibility for registration, is preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving abstract
- Must be physically fit and able to maneuver light tools and equipment
- Committed to providing exceptional client service and technical excellence
- Hard worker who readily and quickly assumes responsibility
- Experience in OHSR regulation or safety consulting is an asset
- Knowledge of or experience using or working with fall protection, rope access, and/or work at heights systems is an asset
This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, paternal leave top ups, and annual salary reviews.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103532