Our client has an immediate opening for a Database Developer/Analyst to join their team in Vancouver.
In your new role, as a Database Developer/Analyst, you will be working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, working directly with business units to envision and develop solutions such as data integration, automation of manual processes, data reconciliation, and creation of reports, analyze data-related business problems and propose solutions, design and develop database components for small/medium to large sized projects, troubleshoot and resolve data-related issues, develop a deep understanding of business processes, provide a positive experience of IT services and support being delivered to customers and business stakeholders, participate in the change management process by communicating technical impacts of changes.
As an ideal candidate, you have the following qualifications:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a similar program with database administration and development experience;
- 3-5 years of related experience working in a complex environment;
- Experience using Azure SQL/MI and SQL Server 2014/2016/2017;
- Strong T-SQL development skills;
- ETL development using SSIS (Azure Data Factory & LogicApps is an asset);
- Experience with SSRS, SSAS, Power BI is a plus;
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and infrastructure is an asset;
- Excellent system analysis and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment;
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;