Your new company
OpenCircle Benefits is a catalyst for better business through better living. With one affordable membership, businesses stay competitive with a suite of integrated employee tools — the kind that help your team and their families be better, do more and live healthier.
Your new role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the primary role of the Chief Benefits Officer (CBO) is to provide over-sight and guide the day-to-day operations of an organization that offers a suite of health benefits services to over 1,700 member firms employing over 50,000 individuals. These operations include a national call centre, new business on boarding, Benefits Plan technical support for members and their employees, and a national distribution infrastructure.
The position leads a team of departmental managers to implement plans and policy supportive of the operational goals, as well as a team of consultants to track and measure progress toward objectives and measure analytics. The CBO will also work closely with executive colleagues from the Association, as well as committees comprised of members of the Benefit Plan Board of Trustees, and will represent the organization in high level negotiations with suppliers, member or potential member companies, and at industry conferences or trade shows.
The position also focuses on providing strategic direction for the organization in support of its financial and operational goals.
This role also includes identifying specific construction or construction adjacent sector opportunities across the country suitable for eligibility in programs, as well as managing existing key client relationships and those derived from growth activities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Develop and initiate the long-term strategic goals for OpenCircle Benefits in the areas of benefits plan design, operational efficiencies derived from IT and systems initiatives, the distribution and sales networks, and predictive analytics.
• Possess and maintain a high-level knowledge of the existing suite of products offered by OpenCircle Benefits, and a high level of knowledge of products and services offered throughout the Benefits sector as a whole.
• Anticipate product and systems advances in these areas thus positioning the organization to evaluate and/or deploy products or services compatible with strategic objectives.
• Analyze the organizations financial statements, Benefits Plan utilization and experience data, and predictive and experiential analytics, to assess standing and financial positioning.
• Oversee and provide high level direction with the organization’s annual rate renewal program including Benefits Plan results, actuarial reporting, administrative costs, and revenue projections.
• Determine ways to reduce costs and improve overall organizational performance.
Client Relationship Management
• Actively manage high level key relationships with existing clients across the country.
• Oversee the contact of existing clients to inform them of new developments with the organization’s suite of services.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of benefit plan composition and costs, and liaise with colleagues inside and external to the organization for expert advice on financial, legal and regulatory environments issues.
The position supervises and leads
• Teams of middle and junior mangers and plan administrators
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Post-secondary education in business or related field would be preferred. A combination of relevant experience and education may also be considered.
- Progressive leadership experience with over five years in a leadership role.
- Benefit administration and insurance experience is preferred.
- Able to lead through influence and build consensus. Has a proven ability to create and sustain a shared vision, act as a role model and be innovative in finding ways to address the issues in a strategic way.
- Confidence in ensuring that member needs are identified and addressed, ensuring appropriate consultation with all members and stakeholders and ensuring timely, cost-effective and quality service.
- Familiar with the law and related processes and procedures governing the delivery of benefits services.
- Demonstrate self-confidence and interpersonal versatility, self-motivation, self-discipline, strong work ethic, initiative, innovation, perseverance, integrity and political acumen.
- Excellent organization skills to work on numerous projects and coordinate multiple activities.
- Continuously seeks to stay current and be at the leading edge in his/her field. Driven toward achieving results, understands organizational challenges and is a progressive “idea person”. Committed to excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement in the workplace. Encourages others to achieve personal excellence.
- Sources out possibilities; develops new ideas and moves them forward. Embraces the team culture and involves other members of the team as necessary. Utilizes all of the resources available in order to get the job done. Creative and takes advantage of opportunities, while recognizing the necessity of working within limited resources.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, is self-motivated and self-directed.
- An honest, open and consistent approach to working with others in the organization. A team player and people-orientated with excellent interpersonal skills, confident and secure.
- Possesses a strong ability to work within a team. Establishes and maintains effective, positive relationships both internally and externally and thrives on pressure.
A competitive compensation package will be provided including an attractive base salary and excellent benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1105197