Our client has an immediate opening for a Business Systems Analyst, IT Application Support to join their team in Vancouver.
The Business Systems Analyst, IT Application Support is a key role that will work closely with the various IT teams, business units, and third-party vendors to manage enhancements with focused responsibility on information technology support and project work. This will require an ability to manage, analyze and synthesize complex system requirements and work with a diverse group of business users and IT team members to develop, implement and support solutions, coordinate second-level triage for production incidents, including technical analysis and application troubleshooting with the immediate team and other support groups, work with Back Office stakeholders and IT team members to complete current state analysis and business process redesign, interface with vendors by providing detailed business and functional requirements and/or details of a reported application issue for troubleshooting purpose, liaise with business groups and other IT teams in capturing requirement change requests, identifying business / technical impacts and managing client expectations, lead in testing of system changes and coordinate User Acceptance Testing by creating and executing Test Plans, assist in coordinating system releases to the production environment, perform post-production deployment testing, actively participate in daily change advisory board meetings, create and maintain system documentation, including operations manuals and team knowledge bases, exercise and promote service transition and operations best practices, build ad-hoc reports and data extracts using SQL.
As an ideal candidate, you have the following qualifications:
- Completion of a diploma or degree in a technical or business field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a Business Systems Analyst role or other relevant field;
- Good understanding of quality assurance and testing methodologies;
- Good working knowledge of SQL Server database with the ability to build queries, analyze raw data and build reports;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the XML, HTML;
- Ability to organize and document system requirements;
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding of practical uses of technology to solve business problems;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills and ability to grasp abstract concepts;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail;
- Project a mature, professional and optimistic attitude;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with moderate supervision;
- Strong time management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to set and commit to multiple deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing business needs;
- General understanding of the finance industry an asset.
- Must be flexible to work after-hours and weekends at times during production release deployments.