Our client has an immediate opening for a Business Data Architect to join their IT Enterprise Data Management team in Vancouver.
In your new role as a Business Data Architect, you will play an integral role in the development of enterprise-wide technology strategy, will provide expert judgement and analysis for the architecture, design, development, and implementation of different types of data solutions including integration, migration, reporting, data warehousing and application data layers, work with colleagues in different areas of the business, develop a good understanding of the business context of the solutions and identify opportunities for data solutions, take an active role in database development, both through hands-on development and by providing requirements and guidance to the Database Developers, promote strategies, plans, and architectural guidelines for establishing a quality, integrated data environment across the different platforms globally, keep up to date on new data technologies and evaluate their suitability for both future projects and for modernizing existing architecture, partner with Business Analysts to gather business, data and reporting requirements and translate the business needs into logical and physical data structures, analyze data-related business problems and propose solutions, provide a positive experience of data services and support being delivered to customers and business stakeholders, troubleshoot, analyze, resolve, and prevent data issues.
As an ideal candidate, you have the following qualifications:
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience in this field;
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, in a related field (Information Technology, Engineering);
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft data technologies including SQL Server, TSQL, SQL Azure, SSIS, Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, SSRS, PowerBI, SSAS, Excel;
- Strong technical skills in data modeling, process modeling, and relational and dimensional database design;
- Proven knowledge of structured methodologies and data modeling standards, guidelines and best practices;
- Knowledge of the financial markets is an asset;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.