Your new company
Hays is partnering with a rapidly growing Building Science Engineering firm that specializes in capital asset management of existing building portfolios for Institutional, Commercial and Industrial (ICI) property owners, who is currently seeking a full-time Building Science Engineering Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis in Toronto. There will be a hybrid working model and flexibility.
Your new role
The Intermediate Project Manager is a project manager for various clients, helping them manage BE and Roofing projects to help manage existing facilities or new construction projects, providing exceptional customer service and technical solutions, while collaborating with internal and external project partners. The Senior Project Manager will self-perform individual projects as per above, but will also act as an account manager for various clients, helping them manage portfolios of existing facilities or new construction projects, providing exceptional customer service and technical solutions, while collaborating with internal and external project partners. The Senior project manager would be expected to perform more business development activities and secure work from new and existing clients. Responsibilities:
What you'll need to succeed
- Oversee Capital expenditure programs to assist owners in managing their roofing asset portfolio.
- Oversee a team and self-perform roof condition assessments and field reviews to determine repair options, resolve roofing installation problems.
- Prioritize Expenditure Plans.
- Determine optimized roof management plans.
- Oversee and self perform as required preparation of tender packages for roof repair and replacements.
- Oversee and self-perform Contract Administration and Quality Assurance during construction projects.
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior staff by directing, reviewing reports and ensuring technical standards are met.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving company profitability.
- Networking and Business Development activities.
- Adhere to company and client safety practices and policies at all times.
- P.Eng, RRO, RRC, BSSO, CET or similar designations are an asset.
- Minimum 5 years experience (Intermediate) or 10 years experience (Senior)in a consulting engineering environment.
- In-depth knowledge of building materials and construction processes for design and repair of roofs and building envelope components.
- Ability to quickly identify and understand project issues and opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills including strong verbal, written skills.
What you'll get in return
This exciting opportunity will offer a competitive salary and benefits package including some limited flexibility in work hours, excellent health benefits package, corporate RRSP plan, paid sick leave and personal time off, life insurance and critical illness insurance coverage.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104877