Your new company
Inland Truck and Equipment is an industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1400 employees across 35 branches in North America, they offer exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future!
This position is located at the sales and service dealership in Langley, BC
Your new role
Body Shop Technicians will be responsible for repairing and replacing damaged heavy trucks according to dealership and factory specifications and providing high quality body repairs to restore unit to original factory standards.
What you'll need to succeed
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Repairs damaged body parts of trucks and trailers.
- Performs required frame repairs.
- Performs straightening of differential housings.
- Performs electrical troubleshooting on accident repairs.
- Analyses customers’ truck performance complaints, diagnoses cause of any malfunctions, and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor/shop foreman or lead hand, immediately, if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean after each repair. Returns all common tools that were used in the repair to their designated storage place.
- Becomes familiar with and complies with the company’s Health & Safety Manual.
What you'll get in return
- 2-3 years’ body shop experience, prior experience in truck dealership environment preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Computer skills required to perform required computer documentation
- Ability to weld/fabricate steel and aluminium is an asset
- Ability to perform wheel alignments is an asset
- Valid Driver’s Licence: minimum Class 3 with Air brake Endorsement or Class 1 (to test drive truck & trailer) is an asset
- Regular, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Review each repair order, work order, and estimator’s notes to understand repairs needed prior to beginning work on the vehicle.
- All repairs must be completed according to the documentation on the repair order or the supplement.
- Knowledge of the manufacturer’s and technical repair process.
- Ability to use frame and measuring equipment per vendor procedures.
- Perform initial teardown of vehicle.
- Identify parts for cut-in and edging.
- Perform all repair procedures according to factory specifications and company policy.
- Perform and sign-off on all quality check before sending vehicle to paint department.
- Re-assemble painted vehicle and painted parts.
- Perform a final quality check and review of work order prior to sending the vehicle to the detail department.
What you need to do now
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104441