Your new company
SMS Equipment operates at the leading edge of innovation and offers advanced technologies that keep job sites running safely, efficiently and productively - even in extreme conditions. As one of the largest Komatsu dealers in the world they believe their continued growth is a result of their highly skilled and engaged employees who deliver excellence in the workplace. They were proud to be recognized with the Associated Equipment Distributors Technician of the Year Award for Canada, 2019. SMS Equipment serve the construction, forestry, mining & utilities sectors, and are committed to safety as their number one priority.
Your new role
At SMS Equipment, our Accounts Payable Clerks work closely with their team, senior accounting and branch staff to ensure accurate and timely processing and reporting of accounting information. We are looking for an experienced French speaking candidate with excellent attention to detail to join our team here in Acheson, AB.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Invoices. Responsible for processing invoices. Data entry of high volume payables. Verifying general ledger account coding on invoices and checking and coding expense reports.
- Vendor Payments. Direct vendor inquires through phone calls, faxes, emails. Reconcile vendor statements. Wire payments and cheque runs in CDN and USD funds.
- Reconciliation. Responsible for the reconciliation of financial accounts on a monthly basis. Reconciliation of Vendor accounts paid by statements. Reconciliation of General Ledger to the Subledger and reconciliation of other General Ledger clearing accounts.
- Communication. Responds to inquiries from accounting staff and clerks within accounting area and at branches. Ensure correct communication and support for French speaking branches and vendors.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience in a high volume Account Payable position. Other requirements include:
What you'll get in return
- Post secondary education in accounting is an asset.
- Ability to communicate in both English & French
- Experience in a fast paced environment where attention do detail is paramount
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent computer skills particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to prioritise and manage your time effectively
SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits plan, and RRSP matching.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1105528