AHS Regional Program Manager – Fort McMurray
Your new company
SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits plans, and RRSP matching. Due to continued growth, they are seeking a AHS Regional Program Manager to join their growing yet established team in Fort McMurray.
Your new role
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Smart Mining Solutions, the AHS Regional Program Manager is responsible and accountable for promoting, leading, developing, and managing the Autonomous Haulage Systems (AHS) programs as required. This position will be providing direction and support to the site team/supporting branch. As related to AHS, the Regional Program Manager is responsible for administration of contractual obligations, assist branch in development of parts support strategy, support structure and talent acquisition. We are looking for a candidate who will bring their knowledge, leadership, and positivity to the team!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall Integrated AHS Support Team, ensuring effective coordination of efforts
- Work with local OEM representatives on continuous Front Runner improvements & to resolve issues
- Provide support in the procurement of all AHS related hardware and parts
- Reporting of AHS operational updates to AHS corporate management office, branch management team, and others as required
- Work with local SMS management to allocate work force & to resolve issues
- Responsible for Technical Configuration and setup of AHS applications
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have a diploma, certificate, or other post-secondary education equivalent to an undergraduate degree with experience in AHS. Other specialized knowledge and experience in AHS will also be considered. A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the mining/ industrial industry with a strong technical background, complemented by a strong operational orientation is required.
Other qualifications include:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills are required.
- Evaluates alternatives and assesses advantages/ risks in making decisions which are timely, decisive and effective; tailors decisions to unusual or ambiguous situations; having the courage and conviction to make important decisions in the face of conflicting or incomplete information.
- Ability to learn new technologies and apply best practices and solutions to new problems or when dealing with issues in uncharted territory.
- Identifies and evaluates unique opportunities for improving the site operations, generating new ideas, approaches or techniques having useful application.
What you'll get in return
SMS is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, learning opportunities, company matched RRSP and more! Perks include discount programs, wellness program, social club. #1106121