Your new company
SMS Equipment is growing!! We are looking for Welders who enjoy finding solutions, make safety a priority and are excited about working with the largest, most advanced earth moving equipment. You will be at the forefront helping to keep those machines, and the industry they service, moving!
Your new role
At SMS Equipment, our Welders are responsible for the welding repairs, fabrication and assembly of Komatsu and other heavy duty industrial equipment that SMS Equipment sells or rents to its customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Repairing and fabrication of various makes of equipment
- Following directions given in layouts, blueprints and work orders
- Customizing mobile equipment and/or parts as per the customer's request
- Conducting failure analysis and developing a welding repair process with the Service Manager
- Providing welding support primarily in the shop and occasionally in the field
- Able to work safely in a challenging environment with minimal supervision
The successful candidate will possess Journeyperson Welder certification. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. Other qualifications include:
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to interpret blueprints and layouts/follow work orders
- Must possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to excellence and have acute safety awareness as well as strong organizational skills
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy while working with a variety of individuals and groups
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the maintenance and repair of mining equipment
At SMS Equipment, safety is our number one priority. Our successful candidate is intrinsically motivated and committed to making safe choices, when completing all tasks.
What you'll get in return
SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits plan, and RRSP matching.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.