Hays, the world’s leading recruiting experts in qualified, professional and skilled people, was today announced as LinkedIn’s ‘Most Socially Engaged Global Recruitment Company’. The award - which takes into consideration content marketing; social recruiting; and social reach and engagement – is awarded to the recruitment company seen to be harnessing the strength of the global social media platform and engaging powerfully with clients and candidates.
Hays, with nearly 1.5million LinkedIn followers, has had a strong presence on the professional social network since 2012, when through the development of cross system awareness it became the first recruitment company to work closely with LinkedIn, providing an even better offering to their clients and candidates. Hays CEO, Alistair Cox, who has been a LinkedIn Influencer since 2012, was also recently listed in the top ten most viewed LinkedIn leader profiles in the UK.
Alistair Cox, CEO, Hays plc, said on the award, “We are very pleased to be awarded this title. It is recognition of how expertly our teams around the world have harnessed the power of LinkedIn to bring our services and insights to the global talent marketplace every single day. This connectivity with our market enables us to find great roles for talented people and to help our clients find the very best resources they need for their businesses. We cannot stand still in this mission and this title is testament to the innovation we have brought into our industry.”
Dan Dackombe, Director, LinkedIn Talent Solutions, commented: "We're delighted to recognize Hays as the Most Socially Engaged staffing agency on LinkedIn for 2016. They lead a list of some of the most forward-thinking recruitment and staffing firms that have successfully adopted social media, and LinkedIn specifically, when it comes to successfully connecting talent with opportunity."
Hays creates and shares content on a daily basis on LinkedIn, providing valuable advice to job seekers and employers alike.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2016 the Group employed 9,214 staff operating from 252 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2016:
– the Group reported net fees of £810.3 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £181 million;
– the Group placed around 67,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 220,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 22% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 45% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 33% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK