Whether hiring or looking for your next career, we want to ensure you are equipped with the information you need for recruitment or job seeking success. This blog is the recruitment resource you need, from your Canadian recruitment experts.
Get the latest insights and market research from top industries including construction and property, resources and mining, technology, and banking and financial, and learn from our team's breadth of knowledge on different functions such as accounting, IT, estimating, human resources, procurement and supply chain.
Posted by Hays Recruitment Expert on Monday, Feb 25, 2019
Cyber security engineers, cloud engineers, project managers, DevOps engineers, and software developers are among the top IT jobs this year. But when it comes to software developers, there are many different types. Below is our list of software developer jobs that are trending this year.
1. Front-End Web Developer
Front-end web developers are responsible for the visual user interfaces, layouts, and aesthetics of websites and web apps. They provide direct guidance in planning, designing, programming, documentation and implementation of systems—including performing reviews of new and existing systems.
Front-end developer skills:
• Hands on technical experience on Web 2.0 application development
• Knowledge of Java and the SDK as well as web-based technologies and modern application servers in Java environment
• Experience with ReactJS and NodeJS is an asset
• Experience of having written high quality readable code
Average Salary: $80,000–$90,000
2. Fullstack Java Developer
Fullstack Java developers are responsible for the entire software development lifecycle, from build, deploy to on-going production support. These developers work with both frontend and backend technologies, and provide platform engineering support for the team.
Fullstack Java developer skills:
• Technically strong on the server side (Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, Mulesoft, API Gateway and Services)
• API development experience
• Spring Boot, REST, Maven and Microservices
• Strong experience in continuous build/integration/deployment tools including Jenkins, Git, App Dynamics, Splunk and Jira
Average Salary: $75,000–$85,000
3. PHP Developer
PHP developers write, maintain and manage the code for websites, applications, and programs using the scripting language PHP and other programming languages. PHP developers often work closely with designers to create effective user interfaces and experiences.
PHP developer skills:
• Experience in software development (full stack) with an understanding of test/behavior driven development
• Experience with PHP (MVC frameworks like Laravel), MySQL, WordPress
• Experience with web servers such as cPanel / Apache / Nginx, Adobe Creative Suite
Average Salary: $70,000–$90,000
4. C++ Software Developer
C++ developers use C++ to develop computer systems or applications. They often work on both desktop and mobile applications, as well as software that interacts with low-level system and hardware resources.
• C++ software developer skills:
• Built applications using C++
• Experience with web services
• Front-end/UX experience
• Experienced with Github, Jira
Average Salary: $80,000–$90,000
5. Dot Net Developers
.NET developers develop, design, test, maintain and support custom mobile and web applications using .NET Integration of APIs with various front-end technologies, such as Wealth Platform.
.NET developer skills:
• .NET programming experience
• Knowledge and experience with C# and ASP.Net
• Database development skills in environments such as SQL or Oracle
• Full development life cycle experience
• Experience gathering requirements and creating technical documentation
• Experience estimating resource effort for development tasks and activities
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS and jQuery
• Agile DevOps experience
Average Salary: $70,000–$95,000
Looking for your next IT role? View our job listings here.